AS OF JAN. 18, 2010, COMMENTS ON MY BLOG ARE CLOSED (but you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
To leave a comment on my blog, please follow these steps.
* At the bottom of my post for the day, click on "Comments."
* At the bottom of any comments already left for that day, you'll find a "Post a comment" headline. Under that, click on "Sign in."
* If you've already created an account, just log in under your "User Name" and "Password." If you haven't already created an account, click on "Create a free account."
* Choose your "member" name. This name will never be published, so you might want to make it your last name or something you'll remember easily.
* Choose your "display" name. This is the name that will be shown when your comment is published. Obviously it can be a fake name and it can be different from your member name.
* Choose a password. Then you'll be asked to confirm your password.
* Fill out the "personal information" form.
* Under that form you will see an odd-looking confirmation code. Type it in the box given for this.
* Then agree to the Typekey terms of service and agree that you're over age 13 by checking the appropriate boxes. Then hit "sign up."
* You will get a box that asks you to activate your account. Minimize this box while you go to your e-mail and find a note that Typekey has just sent you containing an activation code. Go back to the "activate your account" box and type in the activation code. Then hit continue.
* You're now signed in to comment. When you comment you won't immediately see your comment posted. That will happen only after I've read it and published it at my discretion. (Note: I will not publish comments meant to attack others in a nasty and derogatory manner.) Sometimes, depending on my schedule, that will take only minutes. Other times it may take a long time. Thanks for participating.