Here's a list of upcoming places I'll be speaking or teaching:
- On Thursday, April 28, I'll be speaking to a Kansas City book club about Jesus, Pope Francis and a Protestant Walk into a Bar: Lessons for the Christian Church, the book I co-authored with the Rev. Dr. Paul Rock.
- From 6:30 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, May 19, at the KC Public Library’s Plaza Branch, 4801 Main, Kansas City, I'll moderate a panel discussion sponsored by the American Friends Service Committee with the Greater Kansas City Interfaith Council and the KCMO Public Library. The subject is the worldwide refugee crisis.
- On Tuesdays, June 7, 14 and 21, from 1 to 3 p.m., I will lead classes on writing your spiritual will for the SPARK group of senior learners at UMKC.
- The week of July 10, 2016, I'll be teaching a class at Ghost Ranch, the national Presbyterian conference center in northern New Mexico called "Conversations with Jesus and Pope Francis."
- On Sunday, July 24, I'll be preaching at the 5 p.m. vespers service at Aberdeen Village in Olathe, Kan.
- Over the noon hour on Monday, Sept. 19, I'll be speaking to the Overland Park Rotary Club about rescuers in the Holocaust, based on the 2009 book I co-authored with Rabbi Jacques Cukierkorn, They Were Just People: Stories of Rescue in the Holocaust.
- At 9 a.m. on Sundays Oct. 2, 9 and 16 I'll be speaking to the Witherspoon class of Second Presbyterian Church in Kansas City about writing.
If you are interested in having me speak to your group, e-mail me details at firstname.lastname@example.org.