Here's a list of upcoming places I'll be speaking or teaching:
* At 1 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 23, I'll be speaking at the Day of Discovery at the Jewish Community Center Campus in Overland Park, Kan., with Rabbi Jacques Cukierkorn about good interfaith conversations.
* At 7 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 11, I will be moderating a panel on race relations. The event will be at Second Presbyterian Church, 55th and Brookside in Kansas City. To register, please visit this site.
* At 11:30 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 25, I'll be speaking to the ROMEO group of retired Kansas City area men at Princess Garden restaurant in Kansas City about Middle American values based on my book, Woodstock: A Story of Middle Americans.
* At 9 a.m. on these Sundays -- Oct. 4, 11 and 18 -- I will be speaking to an adult education class at the John Knox Kirk in Kansas City about "Writing Your Spiritual Will."
* At 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 13, Rabbi Jacques Cukierkorn and I will be speaking to the SPARK group for older adults about lessons from our book, They Were Just People: Stories of Rescue in Poland During the Holocaust.
* The evening of Monday, Oct. 26, I will be speaking at a Kansas City Oasis book event with the Rev. Dr. Paul T. Rock, co-author with me of Jesus, Pope Francis and a Protestant Walk into a Bar: Lessons for the Christian Church. Location and specific time to be announced.
* At 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 4, I'll be speaking at the "End-of-Life" series at Second Presbyterian Church of Kansas City about writing spiritual wills.
If you are interested in having me speak to your group, e-mail me details at firstname.lastname@example.org.