Here's a list of upcoming places I'll be speaking or teaching:
- At 9 a.m. on Sundays Sept. 4, 11 and 18 I'll be speaking to the Witherspoon class of Second Presbyterian Church in Kansas City about "Writing Your Spiritual Will."
- Over the noon hour on Monday, Sept. 19, I'll be speaking to the Overland Park Rotary Club about rescuers in the Holocaust, based on the 2009 book I co-authored with Rabbi Jacques Cukierkorn, They Were Just People: Stories of Rescue in the Holocaust.
- At 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28, I'll be speaking at the Plaza branch of the Kansas City Public Library about my new book, The Value of Doubt: Why Unanswered Questions, Not Unquestioned Answers, Build Faith. For reservations to the free event, click here.
- From 1 to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28, Oct. 5 and Oct. 12, I'll be speaking to the SPARK seniors learning group at the University of Missouri-Kansas City about "Writing Your Spiritual Will." (I have a gift certificate for one free enrollment in a SPARK class that I will be happy to give to the first person to e-mail me at email@example.com and ask for it.)
- At 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 13, Rabbi Jacques Cukierkorn and I will be speaking at the Marshall Public Library in Marshall, Mo., about our book They Were Just People: Stories of Rescue in the Holocaust.
- At 6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Nov. 2, 9 and 16, I will speak at Village Presbyterian Church about issues raised in my new book, The Value of Doubt: Why Unanswered Questions, Not Unquestioned Answers, Build Faith.
- At 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 17, I will be teaching a Communiversity class on essay writing at Second Presbyterian Church of Kansas City.
If you are interested in having me speak to your group, e-mail me details at firstname.lastname@example.org.