Here's a list of upcoming places I'll be speaking or teaching:
* On April 29 and 30 I'll be leading a class called "From Pain to Hope Through Writing" at the Heartland Center of Heartland Presbytery in Parkville, Mo. For details and to register, click here or download this pdf: Download Heartland-Writing-final.
* At 7 p.m. on Wednesday, May 21, I'll be speaking to the Order of St. Luke at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Kansas City.
* At noon on Friday, June 20, I'll be speaking briefly at the Woodstock, Ill., Rotary Club and from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday, June 21, I'll be at Read Between the Lynes bookstore on The Square in Woodstock, Ill., signing copies of my new book, Woodstock: A Story of Middle Americans. The next morning, after the 9 a.m. worship service, I'll be speaking at First Presbyterian Church of Woodstock.
* From Aug. 7 through 17, 2014, I'll be teaching a seminar at Ghost Ranch in New Mexico: "Turning Our Pain Toward Hope Through Writing." For details, click here.
* At 10:15 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 14, I'll be preaching at North Oak Christian Church in Kansas City.
If you are interested in having me speak to your group, e-mail me details at [email protected].